PRESAGE2 is a simulation platform for rapid prototyping of Agent Societies. It enables designers to investigate the effect of agent design, network properties and the physical environment on individual agent behaviour and long-term collective global performance. The platform is written in Java and open sourced under the LGPL licence.
- Unlimited agent computational complexity
- Inter-agent communication
- JBoss Drools rule engine integration
- Pluggable database integration (Mysql, Postgresql, MongoDB)
- Robust state representation and state changes
- Multi-threaded simulation
- Library of common tools (State machines, communication protocols)
As a general purpose agent-based simulation and modelling platform, Presage2 has use cases such as:
- Simulation of multi-agent systems
- Simulation of natural phenomena, e.g. flocking, swarming, predator/prey.
- Simulation of social phenomena, e.g. gossip.
- Simulation of sensor networks, e.g. MANET, VANET, ad-hoc networks.
- Simulation of games, e.g. Cooperation game, N-Armed bandit, Iterated prisoner's dilemma.
- Simulation of norms and governance.
Full article: Category:Projects
- LPG’ Game. Implementation of a variant of the linear public good game with Presage2 to investigate an allocation method based on distributed justice.
- Kyoto Protocol. Modeling the Kyoto protocol as a common pool resources, with each country as an agent in the system
- EVPool. A system to reduce load on the electricity grid from charging of electric vehicles.
- Sam Macbeth, Didac Busquets and Jeremy Pitt, “Principled Operationalization of social systems using Presage2.” in Modeling and Simulation-Based Systems Engineering Handbook, CRC Press, 2014 (to appear) [link]
- Patricio E. Petruzzi, Didac Busquets and Jeremy Pitt, “Self Organising Flexible Demand for Smart Grid” SASO 2013 [pdf]
- Jeremy Pitt, Julia Schaumeier, Didac Busquets and Sam Macbeth, “Self-Organising Common-Pool Resource Allocation and Canons of Distributive Justice” SASO 2012 [pdf]
- Sam Macbeth, Jeremy Pitt, Julia Schaumeier and Didac Busquets, “Animation of Self-Organising Resource Allocation using Presage2" SASO 2012 [pdf]
- Jeremy Pitt, Brendan Neville, Sam Macbeth, Hugo Carr, “Animation of Open Multi-Agent Systems” Agent-Directed Simulation 2011 [pdf]
- Brendan Neville and Jeremy Pitt, “PRESAGE: A Programming Environment for the Simulation of Agent Societies” Proceedings AAMAS Workshop on Programming Multi-agent Systems (ProMAS) 2008 [pdf]